The 240B is powered by a 225-HP Cummins QSB6.7 Tier 4 Final diesel engine with SCR aftertreatment. The unit includes a 36-inch-diameter auto reversing fan with automatic temperature control, and heavy-duty extreme cooling engine package.
- IQAN Control System
IQAN electrohydraulic control system is specifically designed for Barko machines, with hydraulics tailored for harvesting applications. IQAN offers infinite variable control, including programmable settings for individual operators.
- IQAN-MD4 Display
System information and machine diagnostics are conveyed on a convenient Parker IQAN-MD4 cab display.
- Enhanced Hydraulics
Hydraulic system features include an electric fill pump for the hydraulic tank and an improved internal hydraulic bypass for more consistent temperature in all weather conditions. Hydraulic tank vacuum pump is also standard.
The D5 undercarriage with 7.5-inch chain pitch offers ground clearance of 26.2 inches and compact track width of 9 feet, 4 inches with 600-mm pads.
- Drawbar Pull
The 240B is a 50,000-pound class machine that delivers an impressive drawbar pull of better than 1.3 to 1 ratio, giving it the ability to handle steep hills and rough terrain with ease.
Dual swing-drive motors provide continuous rotation and high swing torque of 50,787 foot-pounds. The machine features a heavy-duty, oversized swing bearing and offers excellent boom reach.
- Forward-Sliding Cab
A patent-pending, forward-sliding cab design allows the cab to move out up to 36 inches for easier serviceability.
- Gull Wing Door
A large, hydraulically opening gull wing door offers direct access to the engine and components. Spanning nearly the full length of the machine, the gull wing serves as a working platform, complete with a slip-resistant walking surface.
- Air Compressor
An exclusive feature to Barko in the harvesters market, an on-board air compressor provides immediate work tool capability.
- Tool Storage
The 240B is designed with built-in tool storage areas under the cab and within the car body.
- Operator Cab
The state-of-the-art, climate controlled operator’s cab includes a heated air-ride seat, large access door, dome light, AM/FM radio with MP3 auxiliary, in-cab storage, cup holder, and cell phone holder.
A 1.25-inch polycarbonate window provides added safety on harvesting jobs, while an air knife system keeps the front window and oversized skylight clear of debris. A sliding rear window and exterior LED lighting further contribute to excellent visibility around the entire working area.
- Fuel Tank
125-gallon (473 L) fuel tank capacity allows for longer operating intervals.
- Attachment Versatility
Barko gives you the flexibility to choose from a wide range of factory-approved attachments.
Attachments compatible with the 240B-D include dangle heads manufactured by South Star, Log Max and SP.
- Attachment Upgrades
A high pressure filter between carrier and attachment provides added protection. Other attachment options include a bar and chain grease system, and herbicide stump spray system.
5 counterweight options range from 1,000 to 5,500 pounds.
- Track Shoes
Various track shoe options are offered in 600- and 700-mm widths.
- Proheat System
Warms the engine, fuel tank and hydraulics in cold winter weather.
- Fire Suppression
AFEX automatic fire suppression system available.
- Rear-View Camera
Enhance visibility further with a rear-view camera with 7-inch LED color display.
- Cab Accessories
Front window shade
Radio with Bluetooth connectivity and satellite radio (subscription required)
- Overall Height10′ 9″ (328 cm)
- Center to Rear of Counterweight72″ (183 cm) from swing center
- Track Length13′ 1″ (399 cm)
- Boom Reach27′ 1″ (826 cm) from attachment pin to swing center
- Ground Clearance26.2″ (66.5 cm)
- Overall Width9′ 4″ (284 cm) with 600 mm pads
- Undercarriage Size/PitchD5, 7.5″ (190 mm)
- Approximate Operating Weight45,500 lbs (20,639 kg) without attachment
- Model/Power225 HP (168 kW) Cummins QSB6.7 Tier 4 Final with SCR aftertreatment
- Fan36″ (914 mm) diameter reversible fan – pneumatically operated, IQAN system controlled, engine driven
- Heat Exchanger3 Cores – CAC, radiator & hydraulic; pressure bypass integrated in system valve manifold for hydraulic cooler
- DEF Tank10 gal. (38 L)
- Fuel Tank125 gal. (473 L)
- SystemIQAN: Infinite variable control, individual operator settings, onboard diagnostics
- Main PumpLoad sensing pressure compensated operating at 4,500 psi (310 bar)
- Secondary PumpDedicated for head functionality
- Tank120 gal. (454 L)
- Maximum Tractive Effort 65,833 lbf (298.6 kN) (gross)
- Drawbar Pull 1.3 to 1 ratio
- Ground Pressure 7.63 psi (600 mm shoes)
6.54 psi (700 mm shoes)
- Maximum Travel Speed 2.47 mph (3.98 km/h)
- Maximum Front Lift Capacity (27′ 1″ Boom)3,550 lbs (1,610 kg) with 5′ (1.5 m) radius
25,990 lbs (11,789 kg) with 10′ (3.0 m) radius
17,630 lbs (7,997 kg) with 15′ (4.6 m) radius
13,230 lbs (6,001 kg) with 20′ (6.1 m) radius
10,440 lbs (4,736 kg) with 25′ (7.6 m) radius
8,150 lbs (3,697 kg) with full reach
- Swing SystemContinuous rotation with dual swing drives
- Swing Torque50,787 ft-lbf at 3,770 psi (68,858 Nm at 260 bar)
- Swing BearingHeavy-duty, oversized, 53.5″ (1,359 mm) outside diameter
- Maximum Front Lift Capacity (27′ 1″ Boom)